How to Impress Your Man with the Best Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him
When it comes to traditional anniversary gifts for men, there isn’t a lot to choose from. Because let’s face it, historically it’s not been traditional for women to be giving gifts to their men. It’s far more customary for gift giving to go in the other direction. Time maybe, for this tradition to be changed, which is why we’re about to look at the best anniversary gifts for men. Nowadays it appears that many of you ladies are looking for gifts that will bring a smile to the face of the man that you love, and some of you are finding yourselves in an awkward position. There’s little denying that males can sometimes be very difficult to buy gifts for, but on the flip side, if you bear a few things in mind the problem is actually easy to solve.
Men on the whole appreciate gifts that are practical, and ones that have a purpose. And preferably ones that have his interests at heart. Before you head down to the stores or press the order button at the checkout of your chosen online gift site let’s share a few ideas.
Anniversary gift ideas for him if you’re on a tight budget
The sad fact is that nowadays many of you are struggling with finances. It’s not a pleasant situation, but a consequence of the way the world is today. However, it’s not all doom and gloom, because you can still have a memorable wedding anniversary without having to take out a second mortgage on your marital home. Let’s spark your imagination with a few budget-friendly ideas:
- Rather than going out for dinner, cook him a tasty, gourmet meal at home. Then you can curl up on the couch and watch one of his favourite movies.
- Get out some ‘old-fashioned’ stationery and a pen, and write him a love letter to express how you feel.
- Original artwork is extremely expensive, but a print makes a much more affordable anniversary gift for him.
- Have you got a few photographs hanging around that he’s fond of? Why not present them to him in an anniversary picture frame?
- We bet there’s a few men out there that love a glass of beer. Give him the gift of a personalised tankard or beer glass.
Best anniversary gifts for men with a hobby
If your boyfriend or husband has a hobby, then you’ve got a wealth of options available. Let’s look at a few anniversary gift ideas for the hobbyist.
- If your man aspires to being a contender on Masterchef Canada then why not book him in for some cookery lessons?
- Is he a great fan of sport, live music or theatre? Buy him tickets to an upcoming show or sporting event.
- Does he enjoy spending sunny afternoons cooking in the garden? Then an anniversary apron and complimentary BBQ set might be right up his alley.
- A model car or airplane.
- The latest in hybrid golf clubs, so he can improve his game.
- A deckchair and umbrella to use when he’s fishing and the sun gets too hot.
- For the DIY enthusiast there’s always a new set of power tools.
- A riot of colourful paints for his artistic endeavours.
Practical gifts are the best for the man in your life
We’ve already mentioned that practical gifts will always be well received by the male of the species, far more than a gift that is purely for decoration. We bet there’s not one man you know who has a collection of trinkets and knick-knacks. And with that thought in mind here are a few suggestions. Some of them also tie in with the list of traditional anniversary themes, which is an added bonus.
- A leather wallet monogrammed with his initials
- A stylish watch
- An item of clothing or cotton boxer shorts
- Cologne and a shaving kit
- A leather briefcase or denim laptop bag
- Personalized luggage
For the man who loves an adventure
Does your husband long for his adrenalin fix? Can he always be found pushing the boundaries and enjoying new adventures? For this kind of guy there are the gifts of an experience. Options include such heart racing choices as parachute jumping, sky-diving, super car racing, scuba diving lessons, or learning how to fly a helicopter.
All men have a romantic side – they’re just a little shy about showing it
You might think that this doesn’t apply to your fella, but we’re pretty certain they’ve all got a romantic side. Sometimes however, they’re a little embarrassed or unsure how to show it. For this kind of man a romantic anniversary present will be perfect. And you never know, it might spur him into repaying the gesture. Your romantic gift doesn’t have to be fancy, it just has to come from the heart. When was the last time you wrote him a love letter? Never? Well it’s about time you gave it a try. Or hire a limo for the evening and visit all his favourite watering holes.
If you really fancy pushing the boat out then why not organise an anniversary party. Keep it a secret, and he’ll be pleasantly surprised when all his friends and family wish him “Happy Anniversary”.
Tips on organising an anniversary party
All it really takes is some thoughtful planning, and it’ll be easy to organise an anniversary party surprise. You need to bear in mind the following:
- Casual or formal?
- Set yourself a budget and stick to it.
- Large gathering or just a few close friends?
- Where and when to hold the party.
- Get your invitations out early so guests have plenty
of time to reply.
- Food and entertainment – laid on or served up by you?
Wedding anniversaries are important occasions. Not just because they’re a celebration of your union, but also because the strength that they bring to your relationship. Don’t get yourself tied up in knots when you’re choosing the best anniversary gifts for him. Together we can make your next anniversary and plenty more in the future, a resounding success.